Selection Criteria and BBF Requirements
The Building Baja's Future (BBF) scholarships are awarded based on need, character, personal merit, potential and commitment.
- Need is investigated through a socio economic research.
- Level of knowledge and preparation is evaluated with a standardized test
- Merit is demonstrated through leadership in school, civic and extracurricular activities, academic achievement, and motivation to serve and succeed.
- Character is portrayed through a survey, essay and personal interview.
- Potential is outweighed in a vocational seminar and group sessions.
- Commitment is identified through-out the process.
If a candidate is accepted into BBF, the scholarship will cover 100% of his or her college tuition and other programs and activities organized by the BBF.
Candidates must meet the following BBF Scholar Requirements:
- Prove financial need.
- Complete high school with a minimum grade point average of 9 (out of 10).
- Exhibit proof of leadership in school and the community.
- Have a desire to attend college and seek a higher education.
- Be willing to individually contribute to the community and the BBF.
- Be a role model to other BBF Scholars, classmates and the community.
- Be able to be financially responsible for other expenses including books and school supplies