Obligations as a BBF Scholar
Candidates selected to receive a BBF scholarship must:
- Complete their college career in the stipulated time by the program at their school.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 8.5 (out of 10) each quarter or semester through the completion of their selected academic career.
- Complete their college career in the stipulated time by the program at the school of their choice.
- Deliver school records to the BBF Director at the end of each quarter or semester.
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of community service each academic year. BBF scholars must deliver a letter from the service institution detailing the hours completed and the nature of the community service involvement.
- The community service must be completed during the academic year and must be pre-approved by the BBF Director.
- Attend a minimum of two (2) hours of English lessons per week on Saturdays. English classes are organized by BBF.
- Participate in all BBF activities as long as there are no conflicts with the academic schedule and obligations. The BBF Director must approve any absences to BBF activities.
- The BBF scholarship is granted for one year only. It will be renewed if the BBF Scholar meets all of the BBF Scholar obligations. The BBF may cancel a student’s scholarship if deemed necessary at any point during the academic year if the recipient fails to meet required standards and his or her obligations.